Saturday, November 29, 2008

My 101 :)

So after a two month process of creating and finishing this list, I am finally posting my 101... 101 things I want to do in 1001 days. Here is a little explanation of the whole idea of making a 101...

Creating your own 1001 Day Project

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

So here it is...

  1. Get a tattoo.
  2. Blog once a week for at least 6 months.
  3. Fix a Thanksgiving dinner.
  4. Run a half-marathon.
  5. Vote for Jesus.
  6. Speak only Spanish at Pancho’s one night.
  7. Go to Africa.
  8. Learn to whistle.
  9. Not eat sweets for 6 months.
  10. Buy a Spanish worship CD.
  11. Go to a Hillsong concert.
  12. Hike the Chimneys.
  13. Own a bike.
  14. Make some type of mural with my friends pictures on it with ways to attach and take off prayer needs (I can see it in my head :) ).
  15. Read the Bible from cover to cover.
  16. Graduate from college.
  17. Go back to Monte Cristi.
  18. Buy some TOMS.
  19. Buy a Just Feed One t-shirt.
  20. Get dreads.
  21. Learn to play “Kingdom” on my guitar.
  22. Make a t-shirt quilt.
  23. Send a package to my Dominican loves.
  24. Go sky-diving.
  25. Share the Gospel in a different language.
  26. Go to Flagstaff… and the Grand Canyon.
  27. Learn to drink black coffee.
  28. Get a mac.
  29. Sell something that I have created.
  30. Go to Niagra Falls.
  31. Finish Ragamuffin Gospel.
  32. Become a vegetarian for 6 months.
  33. Go white-water rafting… for real this time.
  34. Spend a weekend in a cabin, just me and God.
  35. Hike a good portion of the Appalachian Trail.
  36. Take a Greyhound to New York City.
  37. Write my parents a letter sharing my heart.
  38. Get another ear piercing.
  39. Play in a thunderstorm and not care about electrocution.
  40. See the completion of the orphanage in the D.R.
  41. Become “pen-pals?” with someone in prison.
  42. Never go more than a month without blogging.
  43. Make and eat a “tres leches” cake.
  44. Visit the Simple Way.
  45. Make a wall-sized map that dry-erase markers can be used on.
  46. Put my story on my blog.
  47. Tie-dye another t-shirt.
  48. Try sushi.
  49. Go snowboarding.
  50. Read Jesus for President.
  51. Make my own peanut butter chocolate chunk ice cream.
  52. Pull off surprising the pants off of Stephanie.
  53. Finish this list.
  54. Get my own coffee maker and use it.
  55. Go on a hot-air balloon ride.
  56. Make a scrapbook of life with my God-given friends.
  57. Plant a garden.
  58. Carve a pumpkin.
  59. Figure out how to make a good “newsboy cap.”
  60. Live in a big, but old, house with all my girls.
  61. Mod Podge a coffee/end table.
  62. Eat a hot brown.
  63. Memorize a chapter in the Bible.
  64. Paint something that shows my dreams.
  65. Get a copy of The Message.
  66. Join the Mocha Club.
  67. Get a hammock to hang from my ceiling.
  68. Unpack my room at the new house.
  69. Make all of my Christmas presents one year.
  70. Pay for a stranger’s dinner.
  71. Find a place to play Bingo at.
  72. Get a milkshake at Culver’s.
  73. Drive a moped.
  74. Go on a completely spontaneous road trip.
  75. Ride the trolley in Knoxville.
  76. Watch Blood Diamond.
  77. Hike Mt. Le Conte and spend the night at the top.
  78. Make a picture frame out of coiled newspaper.
  79. Knit or crochet a blanket.
  80. Go to Trino’s and get a calzone.
  81. Learn how to put a spare tire on my car.
  82. Go to a show/random activity in Gatlinburg.
  83. Order something besides the chipotle chicken sandwich at Panera.
  84. Go to a college football game.
  85. Learn how to make some quality queso.
  86. Assign pictures to my friends in my phone that I talk to on a regular basis.
  87. Ride in the back of a truck in the states.
  88. Live somewhere semi-permanently that is not at college or back home.
  89. Be there for the opening of Juja Java.
  90. Start and keep a journal solely for favorite verses and quotes.
  91. Go camping again (but this time, pitch my own tent)
  92. Start a spare change jar that all change must go in.
  93. Create something for my wall that has “The Vision” written on it.
  94. Go bowling with the ATL homies.
  95. Finish an entire sudoku book.
  96. Eat at Lynn’s Paradise CafĂ©.
  97. Find and watch Thunder from a cool spot away from the craziness.
  98. Go tubing/wakeboarding/water skiing on a lake.
  99. Get new wheels for my rollerblades… or just get new rollerblades period.
  100. Travel the west coast… California, Oregon, etc.
  101. Learn to drive a stick shift.

~oh, and the ones in blue are the ones that I have accomplished... they will change colors along the way :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm so proud you finished it!!! and i love them all!! almost as much as i love you, heather leigh!