Thursday, November 6, 2008

Give me Your eyes so I can see...

God's been doing something crazy in my heart that I can't even begin to explain. For months I have been praying that God would give me a glimpse of what He sees, that He would make my heart break for what breaks His, that He would show me how to love His people, that He would bring me to tears for His people... And it's simply incredible because I am seeing Him opening my eyes to who He is in amazing ways. For the past few months, I have found myself being judgmental towards the rich, the proud, and the apathetic. I wanted so bad for them to see the Jesus that I know and love... but in the process I was growing angry that they didn't understand. But God has been transforming my heart and using love to motivate me. While I am still frustrated, my frustration rises from an intense desire to spread the fire and passion of my Savior. I am frustrated at what the world has become and how Satan has stolen passion for Jesus from people's hearts. But Jesus is alive, and has been constantly reminding me that He is in control. Frustration gets me no where. And I am just as screwed up. I fail Jesus all the time, but He continues to pursue me with a love that I can't understand.

I don't cry often... not much at all really. But I have been praying that God would bring me to tears for Him and His people. And He is bringing me this passion for His people that is uncontrollable. I was talking with some people today and my heart was broken from the fact that their hearts were so closed off. Their hearts have been hardened by Satan and this messed up world. They have closed themselves off from Jesus and everyone else. And my heart broke. I left from talking with them and cried. My heart was experiencing this love for people that I don't even know... people who I want to know Jesus so badly... and I haven't been able to shake the tears today. I was so frustrated that God's children are experiencing all this pain and heartache that has brought them to the places they are today. I wanted so badly to open their eyes to the love and hope of Jesus.

I can't ever imagine the way that God's heart is breaking for us. He loves us with a love that we will never grasp or understand. And if my heart is breaking, I know His must be breaking 5 billion times more. I just pray that He will continue to allow me little glimpses of His unchanging and ever present LOVE for His children.

Give me your eyes for just one second,
Give me your eyes so I can see,
Everything that I keep missing,
Give me your love for humanity.
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten.
Give me Your eyes so I can see.
...thanks Christie :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aahhh Heather, I could make this post my own! Girl I am praying the same things for own heart because I am right there with you. I love you so much and I am SO unbelievably thankful I have a friend whose heart is in the same state mine is. The Lord is Faithful!! I love you and I'm praying for youuu.