Thursday, August 25, 2011

enough.

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him."
1 John 4:16

I've been ruminating on God's love a lot today. Sometimes it's the most simple truths of God's character that dig their roots deeper into my soul, revive my heart, and renew my mind once again. God is love. He loves us. And we love because He first loved us. And that's enough. Really, it is. His love is enough to cast out all fear. It's enough to bring freedom to the captives. It's enough to restore broken hearts. It's enough to shed light into the darkest places. It's enough to send people to the nations. And it's enough to satisfy our soul's deepest longing.

God's love is enough.

I just pray that this simple (but not small) truth will penetrate my heart once again and not just my head. Because a lot of times it seems a lot easier said than done to live life with God's love being enough when I'm worried about everyday things.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear..."
1 John 4:18

thanks, dove.

No comments: