Wednesday, October 24, 2012

love does.

I just read this little gem...

If you haven't already read it, I would highly recommend picking yourself up a copy.  You won't regret it :)

The book is reminder to love deeply and to love well.  To fully engage in this beautiful life that we have been given.  That our words are powerful and that encouragement makes the world of a difference.  That I want to leak Jesus and love out of an overflow of what the Lord has done in my heart.

Here's a little bit of goodness from the book...

"He's asking us, 'Will you take what you think defines you, leave it behind, and let Me define who you are instead?'"

"There is only one invitation it would kill me to refuse, yet I'm tempted to turn it down all the time.  I get the invitation every morning when I wake up to actually live a life of complete engagement, a life of whimsy, a life where love does.  It doesn't come in an envelope.  It's ushered in by a sunrise, the sound of a bird, or the smell of coffee drifting lazily from the kitchen.  It's the invitation to actually live, to fully participate in this amazing life for one more day.  Nobody turns down an invitation to the White House, but I've seen plenty of people turn down an invitation to fully live."

...

And here is one of my favorite pictures from the week...
Carolina and Yazmin's little baby :)  He is absolutely precious!

No comments: