Sunday, November 8, 2009

Introducing...

Luis Alberto!
So I haven't always been the best at updates or in what all exactly happens here... so I thought, why not introduce you to some of the kids here?! This is the handsome Luis Alberto! He is a precious 5-year-old little boy who just started living at the orphanage the beginning of August. His smile will melt your heart. He loooves learning little phrases in English and can tell you his name, age, and that he is doing "fine" if you ask him those questions in English.

I see Jesus in Luis Alberto. Thursday night I was sitting with him and he started tugging on my shirt with a lot of excitement. "Heather, Heather," he said. "Dios esta ariba en el cielo! Mira! Mira! Dios esta ariba!" ...God's up in the sky! Look up! Look up! God's up there! He was so excited to tell me about how God was up in Heaven. So then we started talking about God through his five-year-old eyes and how Jesus lives in our hearts. His child-like faith melted my heart. After we talked for a few minutes, we sat there and then I said, "Luis Alberto, who is your father?" The question puzzled him for a second, but then he turned and looked at me and replied, "God." As he smiled, I smiled, so thankful for seeing glimpses of Jesus through the gentle heart of Luis Alberto.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: