Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Glimpses of Heaven...



So recently I have been thinking about Heaven and the fact that I can't even possibly comprehend how awesome it's going to be... to sit at the feet of my Savior and be able to talk to Him face to face. And as excited as I am for that, God has been reminding me that I can see Heaven right here on earth. Each day here, I see God's face... whether that's through creation or through a smile or through a conversation. I feel and see the Spirit working all around me. The other night I was walking with a bunch of boys to go play capture the flag and this sunset is what painted the sky. I felt God screaming out my name and His love for me. Just one little glimpse of what Heaven must be like.
Last night I was sitting on a concrete slab under the stars in a circle full of American college kids and Dominican boys. As we sat there playing the guitar and singing worship songs, I couldn't help but find myself thinking that Heaven must look a little like this. A group full of people... all ages... all cultures... sitting under a sky full of stars... worshipping the Father through songs. Though we spoke different languages, it didn't matter in the moment. All that mattered was praising God. And in that moment, I saw a glimpse of Heaven.
I am constantly reminded that we can continually see Heaven on earth... through learning to live more and more like Jesus each day. So for now, I'm praying we can all look more like our Savior, that the world may begin to see glimpses of Heaven. I love you all and am praying for you!
**Please pray for Chris. Chris is here for two weeks, but has had to stay at an emergency clinic the past two nights because he has a parasite. He is leaving this Saturday to travel back home. Pray he recovers quickly and can come back tomorrow and that he is feeling well enough to travel home on Saturday. Right now he is severly dehydrated and still has the parasite.

No comments: